Willys Overland - The story
It all started back in 1908 when John North Willys bougth the Overland Automotive Division of Standard Wheel Company.
In 1912 the name was changed to Willys-Overland Motor Company, the company which became famous world-wide for its production of military and civilian Jeeps.
Production of the Willys MB or "the Jeep" began in 1941 and was the start of famous Jeep name which still exists today.
* 1908, John North Willys buys the Overland Automotive Division of Standard Wheel Company.
* 1936, The Willys-Overland Motor Company is reorganized into Willys-Overland Motors.
* 1953, Kaiser Motors buys Willys-Overland and the name is changed the to Willys Motor Company.
* 1963, The name is changed to Kaiser-Jeep Corporation, and the legendendary Willys name disappears.
* 1970, Kaiser-Jeep is sold to American Motors Corporation (AMC).
* 1987, DaimlerChrysler buys AMC.
* Willys 77
* Willys MB